All classes require a minimum enrollment and placement cannot be guaranteed unless that minimum enrollment is met. Knowledge Counts reserves the right to transfer students from one section of a course to another section of the same course in order to balance classes, to meet the required minimum enrollment, or for any other reason. Certain English and Foreign Language classes may be offered in the same room to meet minimum enrollment requirements. Students will receive appropriate instruction for their level.
The first and last day of each semester are mandatory attendance days.
One day of summer school is the equivalent to more than one week of school during the regular school year. Therefore, it is critical that students attend a complete summer school session.
It is expected that students will attend class daily and be on time at the beginning of class, and after any class breaks. Vacations and appointments should be made outside of the summer school scheduled dates and class hours.
If a student is absent for more than two (2) days in any three-week semester they will be dropped/failed and no refunds will be given.
Rules regarding absences and tardies will be strictly enforced.
If we cannot place you in a class, your tuition will be refunded in full, less the non-refundable student registration fee.
All withdrawal requests after June 19 must be in writing and brought by the parent to the summer school office with the student's textbooks.
All refunds will be by check to the original payee and will be mailed to the payee's street address on file.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- Written notice of withdrawal received prior to 4:00 p.m. PDT on June 1, 2018: Refund of all tuition paid, less the non-refundable student registration fee and a $25 handling fee. For workshops: refund of tuition paid, less the non-refundable student registration fee and less a $10 processing fee.
- No refunds will be given for written notice of withdrawal received after 4:00 p.m. PDT on June 1, 2018.
- No refunds will be given for students dropped from a class for disciplinary reasons, including attendance.
- No refunds will be given for students registering after June 1, 2018.
- No refunds will be given for unused days whether it is due to dropping the course, vacation, special events, short-term illnesses, exclusion from school due to infectious diseases, or other personal commitments requiring an absence from class.
- No refunds will be given to students who are dropped for non-attendance on the first day of their summer school class, regardless of the reason for the absence.
Returned Checks and Credit Card Policy
Any check returned by the bank will incur a $50 handling fee. Any chargeback to a credit card will incur a $50 handling fee.
Immunization Records Requirements
NO student will be allowed to start Summer School without immunization records on file.
Students who currently attend the Las Virgenes Unified School District already have their immunization records or signed Medical Exemption From Immunization on file.
The parents/guardians of students from other schools or districts must provide proof of the student's immunization records to Knowledge Counts after registering online.
The immunizations required by the California Department of Education are:
- Polio (4 doses - 3 doses OK if one was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (whooping cough)(DTP/DTaP -5 doses - 3 doses OK if last dose was given on or after 2nd birthday)
- Tdap (1 dose)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella - MMR (2 doses - 1 dose OK if dose given on or after 1st birthday)
- Hepatitis B (3 doses)
- Varicella (chickenpox) (2 doses for ages 13-17 years - 1 OK if coming from a California school)
- Any other disease designated by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
OR bring a copy of the student's immunization records to the Health Clerk on Saturday, June 17, 2017 from 9-11 a.m. at Calabasas High School.
Knowledge Counts reserves the right to refuse admission without assigning any reason for doing so.
Parents / Guardians and students will hold harmless and indemnify Knowledge Counts against any and all claims and actions arising out of their participation in Summer School, including, without limitation, expenses, judgments, fines, settlements and other amounts actually and reasonably incurred in connection with any liability, suit, action, loss, or damage arising or resulting from participation in Summer School.